Sharp, silky, and oh-so-good. The amount of blue cheese can be adjusted to taste. A must try for the Bleu fans out there!
• 2 tbsp butter • 2 shallot • 2 clove of garlic, crushed • 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice • 1 1⁄2 cups of dry white wine • 4 cups vegetable stock • 1⁄2 block (roughly 100g) Little Qualicum Cheeseworks "Bleu Claire" • 3⁄4 cup thick sour cream (or mascarpone) • 1 to 2 teaspoons salt • Black pepper to taste • Asparagus, steamed
1. Sauté minced shallots and garlic in butter until translucent.
2. Add rice and stir until thoroughly coated.
3. Add white wine, salt, and pepper; cook until no liquid remains.
4. Add stock in 5 or 6 additions, each time cooking until the liquid is absorbed. You may need to adjust the liquid depending on the consistency of your rice.
5. Stir in sour cream and Bleu Claire. You can adjust the amount of Bleu depending on how sharp you like it!
6. Steam asparagus until bright green and combine with rice. Serves 4.